Thursday, July 05, 2007

Recent Italian crime fiction reviews in the blogosphere...

A few weeks ago I posted that I was looking forward to God's Spy by Juan Gomez-Jurado. Well it seems Material Witness has acquired an advance copy and calls it "...a ripping tale and a very good read". You can read the full review here.

Crime Scraps posted a review recently of the second in the De Luca trilogy by Carlo Lucarelli - The Damned Season - which came out in the UK on 17 June. The De Luca books are set in an Italy in chaos at the end of the Second World War. The first one in the series is Carte Blanche, reviewed here on Euro Crime.

2 comments:

AngoloNero said...

Just for the sake of precision, God's Spy is set in Italy but the author is not Italian - and it is, indeed, a very gripping book.
As for Lucarelli's, having read all of his books, I can't help but recommending it...

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

Many thanks for pointing that out. My title was rather misleading. Not sure where my mind was when I wrote it!. I'm looking forward to both books - I've got the Lucarelli and reserved God's Spy at the library.